The Members Forum

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the new TMF board


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Hello Everyone, and welcome to the new TMF board
Permalink   


I have put together a new board for The Member's Forum (TMF) in hopes that we can get our members active again. We welcome one and all here to ask questions on any variety of topics.

The same rules apply here that were enforced with our last group. We have much more here to offer than our last host server.

- You can post pictures, create signatures and avatars, post all sorts of things. I have also created topic areas so that posts will not get confused.

- Some of the areas are "members only". You'll need to register for our forum to post there.

- If you see anything out of place or want to make a suggestion, please let me know immediately.

Thank you all and enjoy your stay.

-- Edited by barney at 20:18, 2008-12-10

Attachments
__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
Permalink   

Dear Barney
Is this Active Board a "Long Life time" site or at a short time we may shift to another place or even to pay fees for registration ?
Stay well
Moh Reza rafat


__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

Hey Moh,

This is an active board (started today) that has no fees of any kind. Consider it your NEW TMF.

Please post as you always do!

Barney

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
Permalink   

thank you for yr reply.
will post my questions here from now on.
Moh. Reza

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:
Permalink   

Barney, thanks for setting up this board.  I belonged to TMF for a long time.  Back to the days of Zeke, Eddie, Hunnybuns and lots more who haven't been around for a while.  I spend more time lurking than posting, but I have learned an awful lot at TMF.  Thanks again - this board looks great!

__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

Reilly's Pal wrote:

Barney, thanks for setting up this board.  I belonged to TMF for a long time.  Back to the days of Zeke, Eddie, Hunnybuns and lots more who haven't been around for a while.  I spend more time lurking than posting, but I have learned an awful lot at TMF.  Thanks again - this board looks great!



Very nice to have you on board, Reilly's Pal! I'm glad to see you back!


-- Edited by barney at 11:38, 2008-12-11

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2408
Date:
Permalink   

Glad to see the Phoenix rising from the ashes!!
What happened to The Members Forum was expected and predicted!
Hope the new Member's Forum is more careful about assigning management privileges.


-- Edited by Vindicated at 16:03, 2008-12-11

__________________

Vindicated th_Worm.gif



Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

^ Thanks for the kind words. Hope that you'll come here often.

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
Permalink   

Hi Barney! You really are one of the good guys. I have a Mac now so won't be much use here but for more than 10 years - while I had Windows - TMF was a great help to me! So I'm here to express my support. Hi Moh - you're one of the oldtimers, too.

__________________
Sallie


Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 1129
Date:
Permalink   

3405.gif  Hi and Welcome to All,

Vin, we are certainly lucky to have Barney's expertise in our transition.
As far as not having Bear...we know he has had health issues...so we really can't make a judgement.
He was always a generous moderator and we all hope he is Ok.

Best Wishes to All in the Coming Season!

Alan



__________________

Where's the money, Lebowski?toilet gif



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
Permalink   

Hi
I posted a new topic " can not install .... " and needed help but can not find this topic. what happens to this topic ?

Nice to see Sallie here again.

Barney : as I explained in MSN TMF , I can not take my photos (4photos) from there , since I lost my msn password and can not sign in , so how can I delete them or preferably move them to here?
best wishes
Moh Rafat

__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2408
Date:
Permalink   

Moh-Reza-rafat wrote:
...as I explained in MSN TMF , I can not take my photos (4photos) from there , since I lost my msn password and can not sign in , so how can I delete them or preferably move them to here?


You don't need to be able to sign-in at TMF to get your photos.
Just open your photos in the old TMF, save them to your local computer, and then post them here at the new TMF -- like this:

MohRezaRafat.jpg



__________________

Vindicated th_Worm.gif



Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

Moh-Reza-rafat wrote:

Hi
I posted a new topic " can not install .... " and needed help but can not find this topic. what happens to this topic ?

Nice to see Sallie here again.

Barney : as I explained in MSN TMF , I can not take my photos (4photos) from there , since I lost my msn password and can not sign in , so how can I delete them or preferably move them to here?
best wishes
Moh Rafat



Hi Moh,

I moved your post to the "Computer Software" section, since that is the area that we are talking about. Check my response there.
 
http://tmf.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=128018&p=3&topicID=23057041 

Vindicated is correct. You can migrate your photos here exactly as he did! Just put them in the Member Photo section so we can keep them all together!

Thanks!



-- Edited by barney at 11:44, 2008-12-12

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net
Alpres

Date:
Permalink   

Hi Barney,
Thanks for all the information about changing to the new board. I tried to register but I apparently forgot my password so followed the instructions and typed in the the shown symbols (4 times) to be told that it was incorrect and try again. Help confuse I want to remain a member as I have been with the old TMF for at least 5 years and appreciate all the help I have received. Best of luck for the new venture. Alsmile 

__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

Alpres wrote:

Hi Barney,
Thanks for all the information about changing to the new board. I tried to register but I apparently forgot my password so followed the instructions and typed in the the shown symbols (4 times) to be told that it was incorrect and try again. Help confuse I want to remain a member as I have been with the old TMF for at least 5 years and appreciate all the help I have received. Best of luck for the new venture. Alsmile 






Hi Al,

Just try again. Register with a new password if need be. The letters at the bottom are sometimes tricky to read. We appreciate your membership here and hope that you will post here often. If need be, let me know what you want to use and I'll register you. biggrin.gif

-- Edited by barney at 10:36, 2008-12-14

-- Edited by barney at 10:38, 2008-12-14

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2408
Date:
Permalink   

Moh-Reza-rafat wrote:

Hi
I posted a new topic " can not install .... " and needed help but can not find this topic. what happens to this topic ?


Moh:
When you're preparing a Post (or Reply), for Help just scroll down and click on 'Posting How-To' or 'Posting Guidelines'.




__________________

Vindicated th_Worm.gif



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:
Permalink   

Hello Barney...
Long time no email...
How have you been ???
What have you been up to ???
Do you know anything about " Live Groups "

Thanks for moving TMF over to here...
I dont post often but do read and search for answers to my questions...
Will we lose all the info that was available at the other place ???

Take care and Merry Christmas...

MrsHUGS


__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

MrsHUGS wrote:

Hello Barney...
Long time no email...
How have you been ???
What have you been up to ???
Do you know anything about " Live Groups "

Thanks for moving TMF over to here...
I dont post often but do read and search for answers to my questions...
Will we lose all the info that was available at the other place ???

Take care and Merry Christmas...

MrsHUGS






Hey there MrsHUGS,

I'm sorry if I haven't kept up, but at times I reformat my computer and I accidentally lose e-mail addresses....
blush.gif

I do not know much about "Live Groups" but I think that it is similar to Facebook, or MySpace in it's construction.... (friends and all).

Windows Messenger Live

As far as losing your stuff on the old TMF, it is a safe bet that it will be gone if you do not move what you want here. The actual threads will disappear since it is impossible to move them. But if you have photos or personal items stored there, please move them here.

As far as I go, well, I'm a bit grayer and got my hip replaced last year. No biggie though. I can putter about with the best of them!

Thanks for joining us. Please feel free to ask, add, or simply browse. I am most happy to help out here!









-- Edited by barney at 11:53, 2008-12-21

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:
Permalink   

Barney, glad to see you picked activeboard. I really liked the format with another group, I set up my own board that folks liked, and I thought it would be a great spot for TMF.

I hope everyone enjoys. I rarely ask computer questions because most of the time someone already did and I have learned a lot.

__________________


Administrator / Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 2497
Date:
Permalink   

estraya_01 wrote:

Barney, glad to see you picked activeboard. I really liked the format with another group, I set up my own board that folks liked, and I thought it would be a great spot for TMF.

I hope everyone enjoys. I rarely ask computer questions because most of the time someone already did and I have learned a lot.






Thanks estraya_01! Please feel free to join in, or just lurk if you want. We appreciate you being here!

__________________

http://www.mycomputerplayground.com
http://www.digitaldrama.net
http://www.thisrules.net


Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 1129
Date:
Permalink   

Holy Cow! A year and a month already! Where does the time go, anyhow?

Alan

-- Edited by NicKnayme on Monday 8th of February 2010 05:29:09 PM

__________________

Where's the money, Lebowski?toilet gif

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard